Ten Years Ago Today:
- I had just moved from Tyler,Texas to Central City, Colorado.
- I made a phone call that changed the course of my life.
- During that phone call the tread on my hiking boots got caught on a very small step on the front porch sidewalk.
- I fell on my ass.
- And kept falling for twelve steps and about 8 verticle feet.
- I broke my elbow in five places.
- I bled like a stuck cabrito (goat) at a Meskin BBQ.
- I threw the phone.
- It landed in the street which was another 8 verticle feet and twelve more steps lower than where I landed once I stopped tumbling.
- About twenty-five yards away from me.
- In two different pieces in two different directions!
- That phone still works.
- The Young Lady On the Other End of the Line thought I had hung up on her.
- No, I was bleeding to Death with five extra pieces in my left elbow.
- The Young Lady On the Other End of the Line is now my wife.
The 10 Year Journey
Here’s an long excerpt from a story I wrote a while back that further explains things.
I came here on a whim, unannounced, and my life changed forever – for the first time I laid my eyes on Heather and Issy in real life.
Back Story: I first got to know Heather in an AOL Chat Room back in 2004. (Don’t laugh yet!) All I knew about her was that she was a single Mom with a then almost-two-year-old Baby Girl, Isabella. I noticed in that Chat Room that Heather was not, shall we say “shy”. I liked that.